– There may be a complete rupture , strain or tendinitis may seen in this muscle
– Painless , weakness and painful arc can be seen with loss of 30° of external rotation of shoulder
– In case of tendinitis and strain ,Pain may elicited during resisted external rotation .
– If their is a painful arc , it denotes a superficial lesion of tendon
– If the lesion is deeper and distal , passive full elevation be painful.
• Diagnostic test
– Active test of Shoulder lateral rotation ROM and slight overpressure is applied at end range. Pain elicited at end range of lateral rotation is indicative of Infraspinatus tendinitis
– Active resisted test of lateral Rotation of shoulder joint
– Passive ROM test of external rotation
* In case of Infraspinatus rupture , both active and active resisted test will indicates Muscular weakness.
1) Physical therapy
– Deep friction massage is given over the tendon
– Treatment is Depending upon the symptoms, types and sites of lesion
– Here, only affected movement is loss or weakness of lateral Rotation at GH joint.
– Strengthening exercises for external rotators with elbow relaxed in 90° of flexion in supine lying .
– Gravity assisted external rotation can be given.
2) Injection therapy
– Hydrocortisone is given at the site of lesion.
FOLLOW ME IN SOCIAL MEDIA