– Absence or premature loss of hair.
(1) Alopecia areata
– Loss of scalp hair in patches
(2) Alopecia totalis
– Loss of all the scalp hairs and eyebrows
(3) Alopecia Universalis
– Total loss of body hair
– Common under 30 years of age
– Anxiety , stress
– Poor health
– Hair becomes thin and falls out of the follicles
– Atrophy of hair follicles
-sebaceous glands become less active.
• Clinical features
– Onset is insidious
– Clumps of hair comes out while combing
– Bald patches
– Patient gets irritated and distressed.
• PT management
– UVR is used.
(a) To improve general health
– UVR is given with theraktin for general body treatment
– E1 dose is given for 6-8 times
(b) To improve nutrition
– UVR is given with kromayer lamp ti individual patches
– E2 or E3 dose is used
– It is given 1-2 times /week.
(c) Psychological support